Questions To Ask BEFORE You Start a Small Business
If you plan to start a small business, you probably have a lot of questions. And that’s a good thing.
Here are some things you may wonder about:
- How to you get a business loan?
- Where are good places to advertise?
- What workplace safety laws govern your business?
- Should you be a sole proprietor or form a corporation or an LLC?
- How should you price your products or services?
- Can your market support another business like yours?
- How to use an advertising rate card?
- Should you run the business from home or rent space?
- Where/how to find suppliers?
- Should you trademark your business name?
- Should you market online?
- Should you have an attorney review your documentation?
- What insurance do you need? Why?
One proven resource for getting answers is Lancaster SCORE, “Counselors to America’s Small Business.” SCORE is a nonprofit association that supports emerging and existing entrepreneurs. Some 50 mentors donate their skills, experience and insights through free, confidential counseling … and low-cost workshops.
SCORE’s business mentors have owned or worked for successful small businesses, plus large national and international corporations. They are current or former bankers, accountants, marketing experts, IT professionals, retailers, line managers, human resources professionals and CEOs. SCORE offers experience and expertise for general issues every business faces, and for specialized areas such as contracting, online marketing, freelance communications and lean manufacturing. You may access Lancaster SCORE resources through:
- One-on-one confidential mentoring
- Business workshops
- Kauffman FastTrac® entrepreneurial development program
- Business roundtables
- Business plan reviews
- Online mentoring
To learn more about Lancaster SCORE, call us at 717-397-3092 or find us online at www.scorelancaster.org